Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Whole New Level

Tonight, as we were sitting down to supper on the porch, at our oversized coffee table, on the plastic lawn chairs that we permanently borrow from the neighbors (whose dog Josh shot on Monday, the same day he broke the hospital's backhoe burrying a dead stray horse), next to our Emergency Backup Fridge, Josh commented that the tropical climate allows for a whole nother degree of Red Necked-ness unattainable in the colder norther latitudes. At least in the frigid north, you really should keep some of your junk, like emergency backup appliances, indoors during the winter.
Like any good redneck picture, the photo below also contains a dead animal. The Costco-sized peanut butter jar holds a dead snake killed by the gardener earlier today. I have been wanting Guildy to see a real snake up close so she knows what they look like. She was napping at the time of the find, so I saved it for her. I think we were able to instill a sufficient degree of snake fear in her. It reminded me of the time when I was a little older than Guildy that my Mom took my brothers and I out to the highway for an object lesson in what happens to medium sized mammals when they get hit by cars. I was profoundly impacted, as I hope Guildy will be by her snake lesson. Anyway, we thought you'd enjoy a little glimpse of our porch. Too bad our temporarily dead car couldn't make it in the picture too:o)

As a side note, the Emergency Backup Fridge on the porch really should only be there for a few more days while we are waiting to get our Real Indoor Fridge fixed. And the location on the porch is much better than the alternative, which would be smack dab in the middle of the living room.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Great blog, Linz! I'm going to read it all over again because I can't stop laughing =D

Anonymous said...

That was laugh-out-loud funny...I had to read it a couple times too. I even read it aloud to Tim and Adelyn, so we could all have a good laugh together! Carolyn