Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hadley Turns 2!

Hadley turned 2 on the 21st! We had a little party for her, which she seemed to enjoy immensely, along with everyone else.

Grandma Susie brought a gluten free cake mix from the States, so she (and Josh and Guildy) even got to have regular birthday cake!And no birthday in Honduras is complete without a pinata! It proved to be a little tough for the kids, so Josh had to beat on it a little to get it to break open. Hadley, Guildy, and Linda scurried around picking up the candy.After the pinata, Grandpa Ernie played the guitar. Below Linda and Guildy sang "Away in the Manger," which they had performed together the night before at the Christmas program. And just for comparison, here is Hadley as a newborn....
And as a 1-year-old...


And here are a couple recent Hadley Stories, for everyone's reading enjoyment:o)

Over Christmas, we went out to the island of Utila, and Guildy and Hadley were laying down in the same room during nap time. Guildy had fallen asleep in a most angelic fashion, but Hadley was trying to stay awake. I heard a terrible ruckus of shrieking and went into the bedroom to find Hadley "spanking" Guildy. She had pulled Guildy's sheet off, pulled down her undies, and was spanking her as hard as she could. Of course, Guildy was not pleased with having been woken for a sound sleep by this monstrous little deed. When I asked Hadley why she did it, she said innocently, "I wanted her to wake up." You have to wonder what made her think, "Hey, I bet I could spank her!"

Then yesterday, after marching in from outside, she declared, "That is the saddest cow I ever seen." I don't think there was even a cow, but it must have been something she has heard said recently. At any rate, it was hilarous.

Who knows what she'll be up to next year at this time!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Hadley! Love the updates via blog and e-mail. I feel close in spite of the miles. :)