Monday, February 01, 2010

Lots 'O Swimming

What better to do on a nice January day than go swimming, right?

Two weekends ago, we enjoyed a day at the Lis Lis River with the Lent's, who are a new family serving at the hospital. Josh and Jon discovered a couple hot springs running into the river. It kind of reminded us of the Boiling River in Yellostone...except for there aren't any ice chunks floating by in the Lis Lis River! Below are Guildy, Amy, and Anna.

This past weekend, we went to the waterfall in the Bambu River with a Honduran family from Rio Esteban. Because it is the rainy season, there was lots of water coming down! The guy in the photo is Donald, and he's about 6'4", just for perspective.Below the waterfall is a nice deep swimming hole.The recent rains had washed up lots of good sand, so the kids had a great time. Below are Guildy and DiKeldi.Hadley and FernandoDiKeldi buried alive! I asked about the origin of his name, and his dad Donald, who is Garifuna (African Honduran), said it is the masculine version of his grandmother's Garifuna name, DaKeldi.

1 comment:

TheCeiba said...

Wow! Seems like I'm missing a lot of fun swimming! The waterfall looks really full!!!! Donald's little boy is sooooo cute! I so appreciate you inviting us to the lis lis swimming hole. Thanks so much for including us and I hope we can make it the next time!