This year I will be teaching math and science classes all day Mondays and pretty much be home the rest of the week. The girls are with their beloved babysitter Dianny on Mondays, which they love. Plus it gives them some time with an adult Spanish speaker to add to and refine the vocabulary they pick up playing with the kids from the Children's Centre.
Guildy is doing 1st grade this year, and Hadley is doing a few preschool things. Hadley currently has about a 90-second attention span for drawing and coloring activities, so I am always looking for hands-on project ideas to keep her happy and entertained during the blocks of Guildy's school that need all of my attention. Today's activity was a bowl of soapy water with a little food coloring and a wire whisk to make bubbles. Seemed safe enough. While Guildy and I did math, I could hear what I thought were reasonable sloshing and splashing sounds on the front porch, but when I went out to check on her, she said, "Look, I turned the porch into a skate place! And I dyed my dress!" That's my very kinesthetic Hadley:o)
1 comment:
Those shoes will come in real handy for the once a year fair where all of the guys dress up like women! Love your comments and so thankful to have you back. Blessings, DF
Post a Comment