Saturday, January 03, 2009

Guildy Quotes

Guildy says the most hilarious things, and I never write them down. But here are a few recent ones.
1. Tonight, we were reading our nightly installment of These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Guildy wanted to know exactly what Nellie Oleson was doing that was so bad. When I said she was being sneaky, Guildy said, "I bet they'll get her un-sneaked!"
2. Last week when my folks were here, we went to the Museum of the Rockies. Guildy had to go to the bathroom, so Gramma Susie took her. While in the bathroom, she lamented to my mom, "I had to poop really bad, and it made me so sad I couldn't even say Merry Christmas to those people out there."
3. She got up from her nap a few days ago and had some wrinkles on her leg from the blanket. "Oh, that's just because I'm old," she explained.
4. Last summer we went to nearby Lewis and Clark Caverns. Guildy still revers to them as "Lewis and Dark Caverns."
5. Along similar lines, skunks are "stunks." Aptly named.
And on and on it goes. I can't wait till Hadley can talk!

No comments: