Last week, we ventured to New York City to attend Josh’s sister Cooper’s college graduation and spend a few days being tourists. We had a great time and really enjoyed NYC. It’s actually really pretty, and the people aren’t as unfriendly as TV makes them out to be. And, of course, the buildings were quite impressive!
Our trip started off a little rough with a bumpy plane ride from Sidney to Denver. Both girls and I all threw up at the same time, breaking the previous family simul-vomit record held by Guildy and me. Then, a less than gregarious airline employee seized my carry-on bag in Denver, citing no room in the overhead compartments. She insisted on checking it all they to NY, but when she said, “We don’t even fly to JFK,” I lost all hope of seeing it again. It did eventually show up about a day after we got there.
Our first day was filled with a tour around Central Park, which is beautiful and HUGE. We went to the Central Park Zoo, which wasn’t super impressive, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Our first day was filled with a tour around Central Park, which is beautiful and HUGE. We went to the Central Park Zoo, which wasn’t super impressive, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Brianne and Owen in the jungle-y bird exhibit at the zoo.
Cooper (in the blue dress) with the entire graduation entourage....
Our last day in NY entailed the requisite trip to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We didn’t actually stop at the Statue, but rather opted to spend our limited time at Ellis Island. I think a person could spend several days there and still not read all the history and see everything.
Guildy in the Registration Room at Ellis Island, which is the first room immigrants came through when they arrived.Like any big city, NY is full of random things. I think there's a specialty shop for everything....even rice pudding. The rice pudding shop was pasted with all sorts of funny signs....this was one of the more appropriate ones:o)
When we got off the ferry from Ellis Island, there were some guys there with several snakes. Tony got his picture taken with the biggest one. Eeew.
And now we're back home.....no buildings, no water, and plenty of wind:o) Fun to go and fun to come home!
1 comment:
Hi Linzy! I'm so glad you got to go to NYC! Someday I'll go!!! I know the frustration of vomits and no carry on!! lo siento. We love you guys!!!!
Post a Comment