Friday, October 02, 2009

It's Been Awhile

I always think that if I'm going to post something on the blog, it needs to have a picture to go along with it. Unfortunately this provides a great excuse to procrastine. Thus my infrequent posts of late. Anyway, here's an update on us. As I type, we're in Middletown, CA visiting Josh's dad and stepmom and a smattering of other friends and relatives. Tomorrow is the big Topline Cattle Co. bull sale here at the ranch, so things are all abustle with preparation activities. It's also Sydney's 12th birthday today! Big weekend!

Next Tuesday, we fly out of San Francisco en route to Honduras. We will stay overnight in Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday night and actually get to Honduras on Wednesday. We keep praying for peaceful, fair, honest resolutions to their continuing political problems and for safe, uninterrupted travel. Air travel seems to be back to normal after last weeks little upheaval, so we're thankful for that and hope it holds. We fly into San Pedro Sula, about 120 miles west of our final destination of Balfate. Although it's not terribly far by Montana open road standards, it's about a 5-hour drive with lots of bridges that could be blocked if protestors decided to do so. Blocking bridges is a favorite (and effective) tactic for Honduran picketers. It gets attention!

The girls are doing well considering all the travel. In the past week, we've driven over 1,600 miles and slept in 5 different places (one of which was a hotel in Lander, WY, where I forgot my favorite pillow. Grrr. It's supposed to be in the mail.) Anyway, Guildy sleeps well in the car, and said, "That was a quick trip to Bozeman," after she slept the entire 6-hour trip:o) Hadley isn't such a happy car sleeper, but she does alright. This morning, they enjoyed a swim with cousin Owen, and they have been having a great time playing with Aunt Sydney and Aunt Cade.

Well, I think that's it for now. Next time I'll try to put up pictures!!

1 comment:

TheCeiba said...

Hey, don't worry about pics. I sometimes feel so lazy at putting them,too! We'll pray for safe travels and we'll be waiting for you!