Well, my boat showed up in the lagoon outside our gate a couple months ago. The lagoon used to be the river, but when it rerouted a few years ago, it left this huge body of brackish water. The cayuko, too beat up and full of holes to take out in the sea, seemed to be public property, with lots of different people using it to cross back and forth over the lagoon. I asked our gardener, Julio, if he knew anything about it, and he said he'd keep an eye out for the actual owner. That was months ago. Then last week, Julio reported that the owner was there and wanted to sell. After a bit of negotiation, we agreed on a price. Then, I just had to figure out how to get my prize into my yard. Being a little bigger than I'd thought and completely water logged, Julio and I couldn't lift it, but fortunately for us, our circus neighbors were willing to help.
I haven't gotten around to sawing it in half yet, but the girls think it's great fun to play in!
No comments:
Post a Comment