Monday, January 30, 2012

 I got to take a little side trip up to Vancouver, BC to visit my Extra Good Friend Charity. Since Talby is still  under the blessed age of 2 and can fly for free, she came along. We had a most lovely time touring around the University of British Colombia campus, seeing the sights in Charity's neighborhood, and eating sushi.

It was stinkin' cold the day we ventured downtown to see the Olympic torch, but we survived. 

This sweet couch was at a thrift store in Charity's neighborhood. Wish the lighting could have been better, because it was a real gem in the world of second hand furniture. 
I stayed overnight in Seattle on my way back south and had a great visit with our friends Terry and Carrie Kessler. They have worked alot at the hospital in Honduras, so we have known them for years, but never made it to Seattle to see them. They had a bit of a freak snowstorm, so I got to see real snow and hear the wonderful silence that comes only with heavy, wet snow stuck to everything. 

No comments: